Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #691 (permalink)
RickB

great thread!

curious to see what suggestions i'll get

a couple years ago i bought a Jam 161w off the classifieds here, i had to see what tbt was all about after reading so much about it. That board blew my mind, amazing. I sold it to a friend when i tweaked my back and couldn't ride.

Now i'm ready for another board, and as much as i loved the Jam- i'm looking to go for something more playful and less of a badass. I'll be riding with my 2 young kids so i might as well have something that's fun for buttering around on, and still be able to handle some higher speed and hopefully a bunch of powpow on when i get the chance.
Will be riding mostly Bridger Bowl and some at BigSky.

No park for me, too old.

Weight is 210lbs
Foot is sz 10
Height= lots

While i'd love a '13 model, i think i'll stick with wiredsport.com 's selection of '12 boards.

Here's what i'm thinking- 158w Whatever or a 160w Goliath.
A little worried that the Whatever will be too soft??

(also, i know i dont need a wide board, i just think that it helps when really laying it over in a carve. the Jam was sooo fast edge to edge i couldn't believe it and it was a wide)

I should probably consider the Omni too, but i'd be concerned it wouldn't be as fun for messing around on the green runs that i'll be on with my kiddos.

Open to suggestions!
Thanks in advance
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote