Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - One Hell of a Cop
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
ThunderChunky
Veteran Member

You are not seeing what I am saying at all. I am not against conceal and carry. Nor am I against the right to open carry any weapon outside of a metropolitan area. What I am against is any non-law enforcement, or law enforcement for no cause, carrying around firearm besides a pistol. Carrying rifles and other firearms that aren't pistols around in cities is ridiculous. All you're doing is scary the shit out of people and making them feel unsafe.

I know how conceal and carry and open carry can reduce crime. I have done multiple reports on it and I agree. I am in no way against conceal and carry or open carry with a pistol. It absolutely reduces crime. There isn't even anything to be argued. The facts only support one side.

However open carry with anything but a pistol, it is ridiculous. Giving assholes the right to keep being an asshole because they walk around with a rifle is what I am against. Assholes are gonna be assholes, but people are also gonna be back. Certainly not if he is carrying an AK around.

I am a gun advocate, but that doesn't mean I think there should be no gun restrictions. The Bill of Rights does absolutely give us the right to bear arms, but we can't just say "Hey it says we have the right to bear arms. I want my RPG." There obviously needs to be some restrictions.