Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #781 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biocmp View Post
I'm new and wanting some input. I moved to Denver and got 8 days in last year, prior to that, it had been 12 years since I had been on a board.

I bought a season pass this year and I'm looking for a different board. Last year, I rode a GNU Park Pickle 153 (it always felt a little squirrely).

I'm 5'9", 170-178 lbs, size 9 boot. I just bought last season's Nike Kaijus. I'm looking at NS boards and I really want to pull the trigger on the Proto CT 157.

Please give me your thoughts.

Here's what I like: I like to go all over the mountain, I like to race with friends, I really want learn to butter/jib this year, I'll do a little park riding, very small jumps and some rails, and definitely some woods riding.

I doubt it matters but I have the ride rodeo bindings from last year. Because I'm still learning, I don't know how to rate them. They held my foot in but I'd usually have to ratchet them down at the beginning of a new run.

I'm looking forward to opening day!
Park Pickle 153 at 180 lbs? Yea... not surprised that board is a little squirrelly for you.

I'm 5'9 ~155 lbs size 8 boots and I ride the Proto CT 154.

157 Proto CT will work for what you want to do. If you are doing more freeriding/treeriding ... than butter/jibs... might consider the Cobra - especially if you still have the Park Pickle.

Last edited by lonerider; 09-24-2012 at 11:15 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote