Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Too old to learn snowboarding?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
Here's my take..... I started this later in life also. I learned to ski at 48 and at 50 I wanted to try snowboarding. I watched alot of videos and I was very methodical in learning and started very slow. I would recommend a butt pad - as I did get a hematoma on my rear from several falls on the same part of my rear. Wrist guards and a helmet and knee pads. I really didn't fall all that often as I learned at a slow rate and didn't push forward until I learned what I was working on. I have bad knees and I find snowboarding actually easier on my knees than skiing. I also didn't want to give up. I did get tired easily and would just practice for about an hour and then go back to the cabin and regroup. We were at the resort every weekend Saturday and Sunday and holidays as we had a season pass. My husband thought I would give up after the first two days, but I persevered and I was bound and determined to learn this sport - and I love it! Two more months and we will be hitting the slopes again - can't wait!
You know your not supposed to use pictures of your daughter for your avatar.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote