Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board weight spec questions
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Right
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Default Board weight spec questions

Well it looks like moving near Loveland ski area paid off because through all the people I've met it looks like my girlfriend found somebody that can get me an 08 Rome Graft for a slamming deal and has access to a few sizes. She plans on buying this for me for my birthday and giving it to me now .

I weighed myself a second ago and apparently I put on a little weight over the winter . I'm weighing in at 180lbs right now and my weight always fluctuates between 170lbs and 180lbs so I was kind of looking at the 155 or the 153. I think the 153 might just be a little tiny bit too small. I already have a 153 all mountain board and although its easier to manuever/jump with it is a tad too short for enough situations where I would like a longer board. The Graft has a pretty large weight range for each of it's boards and according to Rome's website I could even ride a 153 if I really wanted to. I already have a pretty nice board in a 158 that is pretty flexible. I should probably go with a 155 if possible right? The 153 calls for 170lbs being top weight limit but through most of the season I weigh 170lbs and sometimes end up a little less than that. In the summer I think I drink too much beer or something because I hang right around 180lbs all summer.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Oh yeah, and I have a grip of all mountain boards etc., this will be a practice board for butters, rails, spins, etc. It probably won't be broken out on the deep pow days or anything like that.