Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #2084 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I like Boyne Highlands. The terrain is quite varied.

On one side you have a number of narrow'ish winding trails that are fun for cruising and popping off baby rollers. These are the trails to the left if you're looking at the trail map. These trails close around 4pm usually so I normally hit this early when I first get there.

On the far right on the North Face it feels almost hidden and remote. It takes a while to get over there if you're working your way that direction and these trails also close early so I normally hit these after I do the runs on the far left.

You get some steeps and some long LONG trails good for either mellow cruising through the condos or working on a lot of freestyle on your way down. It's kinda wild seeing condos along these trails because it feels like you're riding through a neighborhood down the street or something.

After those close up I begin hitting the main runs in the middle. Those runs have a bit of everything including a halfpipe and large kickers.

All three sections have glade runs but I've never messed with them at Highlands so I can't speak of the quality.

Highlands is probably my favorite resort out of these;

Boyne Highlands
Boyne Mountain
Caberfae Peaks
Crystal Mountain
Cannonsburg
Mt Holly
Mt Brighton.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1