Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Telluride vs Winter Park
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
jpb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
Been trying to find a cheaper flight out there, that's what's driving me crazy is the $641.00 price tag.
Have you looked into flying into Durango? Its only another hour in the car (1.5 Vs. 2.5) and believe me, if you've never been through that part of the country before you won't mind another hour of scenery, at all.

Airfare is all over the place, but in my experience Durango is usually cheaper to get into than Montrose. At least on United.

Bonus is if you are planning a long stay you could also split your time up and head over to Wolf Creek, which I highly recommend. Durango is pretty much in the middle of the two.

I use to go to Summit Co. quite a bit while working out of our Denver office, but anymore I just always end up at Loveland when in that area as there seems to be such a better vibe there compared to the mega resorts like Breck/Copper/Winterpark etc.. If planning a destination type trip I would pretty much go anywhere but Summit Co. Too many day trippers from Denver and the weekends are pretty much always a shitshow, IMO.

You go to SW CO your going to have a blast.
jpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote