Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #1717 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
Hey there, I'm a new female snowboarder in Valdez, AK. I moved up here a couple of years ago after living down south for thirty years. Making up for lost time as far as winter is concerned. Aside from a couple of times in Utah a decade and a half ago, last winter was my first season snowboarding.

We don't have resorts here, so it's all backcountry, but there are still plenty of good places to learn and lots of encouragement all around you to get better so you can go ride some really gnarly stuff. Kinda funny to be bootpacking bunny hill laps and watching people get dropped off on heli runs. Everybody started somewhere though, and it's just amazing to have this terrain in our backyard and be able to make that progression in the same place. My boyfriend has been riding here since he was a kid and worked for a couple of the local heli companies, so I do have a pretty good teacher, as well.
You don't know how insanely jealous I am. One of my dream goals for sure is to do a heli drop when I get good enough. So damn jealous. Almost makes me bitter to come back to this SoCal stuff. Almost.
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote