Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Now ipo
Thread: Now ipo
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
smerdyakov

I demoed the NOW bindings for a weekend at the end of the last season at the recommendation of a local shop tech. I was skeptical, but figured I'd give it a try.

Other than feeling more of the flex of the board, I really didn't notice much difference between traditional bindings and the NOW bindings, especially in turn initiation. That is not to say it isn't there. What I did notice that for the first time all season I wasn't suffering from foot pain and my legs were not tired at the end of the day. I had spent all season trying to find the right boot/binding/insole combination to make the foot cramps tolerable. My boots (size 10 reduced footprint in several brands) fit the heel cup perfectly. Surprisingly I liked how few adjustments the bindings have. By the end of the weekend, I seriously considered telling the shop that my board was stolen, because I didn't want to return a part of the only boot/binding/insole that allowed me to ride without foot pain.

I picked up my pair for this season from the local shop yesterday. Build quality is nice. The buckles seem to be much improved from the demo model.
smerdyakov is offline   Reply With Quote