Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Suggestions

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  henry06x 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Never Summer Cobra(158) and a Ride Yukon(159). I'm still in the beginner stages and would like an upgrade to my Burton Freestyles. A sales person suggested Ride Rodeos and I purchased them because they were on extreme sale. Was this a good buy or should I return them for something else?

#2 ·
You're a beginner riding a Yukon? Do you have a size 14 and weigh 240lbs or something? Also the Cobra was overkill to unless you plan on mobbing steeps by next year.

As for the bindings, they will do alright on the Yukon and a little better on the Cobra. Capo's is where I would have steered you from Ride.

#3 ·
The store was have a blowout sale cause all the new gear is coming in. I'm 5'9 and run anywhere from 148 to 155 lbs depending on the day, but have a size 12 boot. The Yukon I got for around 180 and the NS for 350. The store didn't have Capo's in my size, but when I read that Rodeos were more fo park Istarted looking at K2 Formulas and Union Force. I was looking for a good all mountain board and bindngs to match.

#5 ·
Return the Yukon. You don't want it. Trust me.

I would go with the Rodeo's over the Formulas for stiffness actually. The metal baseplate is just going to be a little stiffer. At your weight the Rodeo will make a decent all mountain binding. That Cobra is honestly a little big for you too. I'd have suggested the 55 if you'd been in my shop.

#4 · (Edited)
Rodeos and capos have the same chassi and toe strap but the highback and ankle strap and softer on the rodeo. It's deffinetly more of a park binding and the capo is a better fit. Those are some rugged stuff mountain boards for a beginner. I think the cobra will be easier to learn on but it's definitely a bomber board.

Cobra also just was released for 2013 if I'm not mistaken.. How did you get one for $350 already!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.