Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need pointers.
Thread: Need pointers.
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
blunted_nose
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
Well I think I can answer a few questions. I know some locals who have timed how long it takes to get to Lake Louise and be riding v Sunshine Village. It's exactly the same time as Sunshine has a major long gondola ride. I used to be a fan of Lake Louise. What I do like about Sunshine is that the drive home isn't as long. I am a Sunshine convert. It definately has the fluffies and most consistent snowpack. The runs are shorter but I am spending alot of time trying to become better by riding switch and landing natural jumps so length of run isn't that big of an issue. Lake Louise is great for speed on groomers and the runs are much longer. It certainly gets icier. I made the decision to buy a Sunshine pass for myself this year. First time ever. I plan on a minimum of 20 days. So it is well worth it. I also bought my daughter a pass. If we want to go for a half day....no big deal....and then end the day in Banff relaxing. The amenities of Banff outweigh Lake Louise IMHO. I have never felt tired driving home from Banff but have almost fallen asleep behind the wheel coming home from Lake Louise. The one thing you may want to do is buy a Lake Louise plus card which gives you 1 free day at Louise plus daily discounts at Louise and Castle Mountain. I will be riding Castle Mountain anytime it dumps regardless of the fact that I have seasons pass for Sunshine. I'm 40 and a decent snowboarder. If you would like to ride this winter..just send me a PM. I plan on meeting up with Poutenen from this board. He has a pass for Louise and may be able to shed some light on why he purchased same v Sunshine. All the best!
Yeah, im 18 , BUT fear not, im not a jackass. I take snowboarding as a relaxation and i enjoy the nature. Ill be down, and since i have every monday off ill be there every monday till january, then idk. ill be driving a rwd crow vic with winter tires, so i wouldnt count on me as a ride unless its urgent. Im totally down for meeting and im probably going to get sunshine pass aswel. Anyone else having better expirience with louise regarding pow? or just a better feel to the mtn?
blunted_nose is online now   Reply With Quote