Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
biocmp

Hopefully others will chime in because I've been here little more than a year. Lakewood is nice, it has it's old development and new development parts. It's really contiguous with Denver.

So any nightlife concerns should be put to rest. 10-15 drive and you are in downtown Denver. 45 mins and you are in Boulder, very relaxing place to be.

Nothing against anyone living on Colfax but most people would tell you to stear clear of Colfax as you move closer to Denver. There seems to be quite a few "incidents" very close this street.

Other than that, you'll have to wait for others to chime in. Lakewood is nice enough and so is Golden. They run into one another so either will work for you and both will dump you on 70 relatively quickly.

I wish I had specifics but I don't really hit the nightlife. I'm more oriented towards hanging out with a few friends rather than raging all night. Best of luck
biocmp is offline   Reply With Quote