Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need helping choosing NS board
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
mscot

Default Need helping choosing NS board

I started asking some questions in a review thread but I thought it might be best to take this here.

I'm trying to decide between the following never summer boards

Proto
SL
Heritage

About me:
5'9" 165lbs
Bad knees. (2 ACL replacements on my right knee and some other shit)

Riding for 20 years off and on and getting a solid 30+ days a year for the past 6 years. I used to mix it up a lot with 50% park and 50% all mountain.
I'm not riding park at all any more so I'd say I'm more of an all mountain freestyle guy. I like going fast (really fast). I like riding switch. Like everyone I love powder and I dig being in trees and hitting natural terrain type jumps.

I currently have an EVO and a Custom. I wouldn't say I hate the Custom but I certainly don't like it. I love the way the EVO rides but it's nowhere near stiff enough and I don't like how much I have to work to haul ass. But it is definitely a fun board.
I ride Burton Prophecy bindings (re-flex style so there's no baseplate to stiffen the board up).

I had my heart set on a Proto but I'm starting to feel like it won't be stiff enough and since I know I won't go in the park I don't need to be concerned with that. I was thinking the Heritage but I want to have some pop mixed with a light board that I can comfortably ride switch.

Thoughts?
mscot is offline   Reply With Quote