Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Skinny Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
The thing is, if you can be near i70 in Evergreen (some people in "Evergreen" live 35 minutes from that exit) you are as close to downtown as any of the suburbs, that exit, to the bottom of the hill (Golden) is 8miles. So working downtown from Evergreen is a mellow commute. I work in Evergreen and drive 60miles rt on my work days, and usually further into the mountains on my days off. Getting a Loveland pass this year, my work in Evergreen is near i70 as well, I can get back to work in 35 minutes from the Love.

Yea it will be sketchy if you are in a hurry. Otherwise try to wait out storms and its mellow, they manage the passes on all the interstates well.

The effectiveness of modern snowtires cannot be understated or undervalued. Good snowtires>chains

Accurate considering you ride weekdays like myself, and no weather. Weekend warriors can add 4-6 hours , however there are some tricks to beating the weekends.
Hmmm Evergreen is starting to sound pretty nice, apts/condos reasonably priced?

As far as the driving part im not too worried about my jeep making it, we've made it through some crazy stuff before.but i asked uhaul and they dont rent out chains for their trucks which seems kinda stupid...plus they are rear wheel drive

And ya those times were def weekdays, im sure ill go on some weekends but im not trying to spend all my time in traffic with the vacationers!
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote