Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #786 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by frechdaxx View Post
Hey,

I'm 6ft with 175 lbs and have size 11 Nitro Team TLS boots, which are probably a little bigger than comparable Burton boots.

Not sure which Proto to get. I'm kinda leaning towards the CT in 157 but last year I checked out a Gnu Park Pickle 153 and also 253mm Waist with my Setup and had quite a bit of overhang on the heel side as you can see on the picture:

Would be happy for an answer. Thanks
The overhang on that doesn't look too bad to me. The problem is, it's very hard to tell by pictures. The other problem is that everyone rides different with different angles. The only real way to tell when overhang isn't so obviously too much is to actually strap in and mimic a carve. You can do this by holding onto something. Mimic the carve and see if your toe/heel touches the ground before you even fully engage.

Just for reference, my buddy David Z rode my 157 Proto with his size 11 32 TM 2 boots which are pretty bulky. He had 0 issues on it and he rides everything including lots of park.