Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Skinny Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hellnbak View Post
Either you don't go out on the right nights, have no game, or you've never been to Cactus Jacks. Evergreen has a Plethora of medium to high quality women....

SkinnyBAm, you will likely be having to rent a small house depending on your budget etc.

There are only 2 apartment complexes in the Evergreen vicinity, both of which cost entirely too much for a lack of REAL apartment benefits like a pool etc.

My advice is look for a small shitty house for rent near downtown Evergreen, the cops are abundant here and you DO NOT WANT TO EVER DRIVE DRUNK OR YOU WILL GET CAUGHT. Sorry to yell but it had to be done.

You will be close to the mountains. If you are above waking up at 5 or 6 am to beat traffic then go elsewhere.... I lived in Dumont and Empire and beating traffic was still an issue on a powder day or especially a weekend.

IF you aren't a priss and love snowboarding you should be fine here....

Oh and I might add.... stay as far away from Colfax as you can. Golden is the furthest East I would ever even consider moving again. Even Colfax and Wadsworth was more than I could deal with, Kipling isn't much better....

Golden or further west is my suggestion. It sounds like you could land a decent job, 1stbank in Evergreen has been trying to hire bankers for over a year....
A small house would be fine if I can find the right price, I found a couple cabin looking places that i would be happy with in evergreen for less than a $1000 so thats do-able.
And I havent drank and drove since i was about 17(24 now), seen enough friends get DUI's to know its not worth it. And plus I think scottsdale AZ is one of the strictest places for those type of things so im use to the high cops especially around 2am on weekends.

Leaving at 5 or 6 in the morning is what i expected and since im use to waking up at about 330am to ride it sounds legit!

Ive noticed multiple people have said stay away from the Colfax area, is it just super ghetto or what?

And as far as Kipling and Wadsworth, if your saying west of there that looks like your pretty much saying Lakewood is a no no? Cuz there is not much more space west of those streets that are still in Lakewood. Again is this just becuase its ghetto?

Thanks for all the input guys
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote