Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
The statement about cops in Evergreen is dead on. The statement about Cactus Jack's is laughable. Hit it up if you like your women with half their teeth missing. LOL

I'm married, so I don't have to prowl these days. There isn't much of a young adult population in Evergreen. Lots of HS aged kids and lots of established families with not a whole lot in between. I've been up here for 4 years now. Love it, but if I was single I probably wouldn't be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hellnbak View Post
Well to each their own. I guess since you haven't been "prowling" you haven't noticed the yearly wave of freshly 21 year old girls..... I agree with the cougar statement but damn, you make it sound like Alabama!

BTW, grew up here so, I know a -little- about the town and the people. There are good nights out and lame nights out like any small town.

Back on subject...

West of kipling but either north or south of colfax... I would prefer south because the North end of town is a PITA to navigate depending on where you end up. The c-470 corridor wouldn't be bad (littleton/lakewood) depending on how far south you go. Too far south and you are almost back tracking to get to I-70. The Green Mountain area would be sweet but houses themselves are a little pricey around there (but you won't have people digging through you car or your trash in the middle of the night).

It depends on if this move is more directed towards riding or actually just living somewhere with conveniences etc.

If I were moving here JUST to ride I would look in Clear Creek County. I had several houses there on THE CHEAP and I could hitch hike to Loveland (did it MANY MANY times). Clear creek is kinda ghetto too and if you think Linvllelljrklegorge (what?) had a comment about girls missing teeth, that is the place to find them lol. Summit county is pretty sweet and does have a number of options available for year round work. Keystone for example does mountain biking and much more in the summer. Outside of Winter Park would be sweet too.

The closer the better if you're dedicated. Traffic sucks!
Cactus is cool if you like to drink too much and get rowdy with young people. It just lacks appeal for myself and gentlemen such as Lgorge.

Otherwise Clear Creek lacks jobs but has meth.