Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Union's or Flux's?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #44 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
The entire forum is turning into a joke because we don't like your favorite binding company? Alright, sure.
This forum is full of silliness because of the amount of misinformation put out there almost instantly about anything C3, by some people that, for some reason or another, felt wronged by C3's reps or something.

Bindings are preference, everyone has different ideas of what they want in response/tech/colors (it's true)/perception. Don't let someone else's perception cloud yours.

In the 70+ total days I've ridden I have tried different bindings. (Rome/Ride/Burton/Flux) I admit, there are things that some companies do a little better than Union, burton has smoother toe ratchets and canting (if that's your hype), flux has a comfier ankle strap, Ride/Rome have a lot of customization.

But Unions for me, overall, have been the absolute best at the things that are most important to me on the hill, especially in less than prime conditions.

Keeping my boot in the binding.
Strapping in.
Adjusting the forward lean.
Responding to frozen fingered, ham fisted, manhandling.

I own a pair of EST Malavitas, but midway through last season I bought a conversion disk and put my Atlases (by far the best binding I've tried) on my board, because of the aforementioned reasons.

Duell, you say that you'll never put Burton bindings on your board, why? I think they make the second best clamps on the market.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote