Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon Airobic: Binding Recommendation
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bofeecious

Default Bataleon Airobic: Binding Recommendation

Iíve decided to buy a 2012 Bataleon Airobic (unless someone can convince me to buy a noodle from Capita, like a horrorscope, but Iím pretty set).
I scoured the forum and it seems some of you (NIVEK, callin you out brother) have some sort of sage-like wisdom when it comes to bindings/board pairings.

What am I to marry onto my Airobic? The suggestions Iíve picked up from past posts seem to recommend the following:

K2 Indys
K2 Hurrithanes
Rome Mobs
Salomon Arcades
Flux RK 30s
Flux TT 30s
Raiden Os

This is specifically a jib/butter set up, and I know the airobic is a noodle, thatís fine. I love hitting boxes (and I suck at it) and Iíve never hit a rail with any success (unless you count head smashing and bruised everything a success). Iíll master the boxes and maybe give a wink in the future to some rails and see if they wink back or I get more rejection. Basically, I want to crush it on boxes, get steezy with my ground tricks, jib on stumps, trees, woodchucks, I donít give a shit as long as its jibbable, and on occasion, hit some small, and I do mean small, kickers. Airobic will be fine for what I want. I already have a 2010 T. Rice with Cartels that is a beast on ice, in pow, and for any bigger jumps that I will never do anyway. Like I said, this is a basically a jib/butter board, and I want bindings that are gonna be "best" (i.e. what most people seem to like) for that type of riding. End of the day, its not gonna matter that much, but I don't want to get into something that just plain sucks.

Stats:
178lbs Ė Will be getting the Airobic 157, as I imagine the 154, while fun n short, is gonna be way to soft. If you care to wager an opinionÖ.this was my guide: Bataleon Snowboard Size Chart - 2012 | evo
10.5 Burton Rulers
6í0Ē not that it matters

And feel free not to respond at all. I hate these fíing gear posts. Iíve read about a 1,000. But thanks in advance to anyone who can steer me into a nice set up.
Bofeecious is offline   Reply With Quote