Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - T Bars - Where do you put your back foot?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 03:19 AM
ColoRADical

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXc View Post
Hi All,

First question here. I have searched and haven't been able to find any information on this on the net (google/youtube/forums), which I find very strange.

I am curious about where you put your rear foot, and why, while on T Bars?

All my mates I ride with (including myself), put their rear foot at the rear binding (typical location of stomp pad).

I have spoken to a few people that say it's easier if you put your rear foot in the centre, or towards the front. They claim it takes weight of the front leg and makes a much easier ride. They also claim better control when you need to steer.

I have just bought another stomp pad and put it to the centre/front. The season here in Australia is over, so I'll have to wait till next year to try it, but I am just curious what others have found?

Cheers
Chris
I usually switch it up when I ride T-bars. I do find that moving your feet closer together makes it easier, but I feel it is less balanced. What I find works best is to stick your foot in your back binding without strapping in. Provides more control and feels natural.