Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - T Bars - Where do you put your back foot?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Lose the stomp pads you girly girl! lol

Anyway, I ride a fair bit of t-bars and platter lifts (I think they're called something else in your part of the world).

It's all about being comfortable, I wouldn't say there's a "best position" for all to follow. I probably tend to have my foot up close to my front foot. Makes standing feel a little more natural, and the tail of the board just drags behind me.

I wouldn't over think it, just try different things and do what you like!

Oh and stomp pads are overrated. About 5-6 years ago my stomp pad fell off my old board. I went to buy a new one and my buddy said "What for? You don't need it..." so I tried without and wallah, I'm still here to talk about it.
Do what you want, but stomp pads are great when it's either very cold and your topsheet gets icey or conditions are wet and it gets slippery. I have seen plenty of "Core" guys flail from their foot randomly slipping off the topsheet.

Depends on the T-bar setup, but I ride the one here with both feet strapped in. There's a minor slope that leads to the loading spot so there's no reason to get unstrapped.