Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRider View Post
Timmy, 6 of my buddies bought the corporate cypress deal the other week, so I thank you in their name for the hookup.

Ohh and heard of cknw today, due to some solar flares or bullshit, it's supposed to be warm until December. Fak.
Right on, glad I could help out.

I don't know it's been getting pretty cold lately. One can hope.

Their new snow making system will kick in as soon as the temp gets cold enough, so I think it should open up earlier than last year.

They posted a pic of the Air-bag they're getting on Facebook.
It's completely different than the ones shown in the video on Katal Innovations Inc | The Landing Pad.

The ones in the video look awesome, even if you wipe out you slide out & away.
The one Cypress purchased is this one.
I foresee this one causing big wait times in between jumps. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I can picture people, whether landing their jump or not, riding up the other end of the landing area like a quarter pipe then back up the landing area.

I posted on their Facebook page that it's not too late to trade & get the other kind. Their reply was too bad this is the one we purchased.

I'll be all over it either way, unless they do some sort of cheesy fucking pay per jump or separate pass system. Cause as much as I like Cypress for their terrain, they are definitely the biggest greedy shysters out of the 3 Van hills!!

I wouldn't put it past them to try something like that.
I'll be front & center, starting the protest if they do.
You can count on that!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Landing Pad_03_small_1.jpg (13.6 KB, 107 views)

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote