Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Salomon XLT
Thread: Salomon XLT
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
someguy2717

I haven't managed to find out anything more substantial about the XLT. A few short clips on YouTube talking about the new tech but nothing to really go on. It occurs to me after talking to a few people that the XLT might be that little bit too narrow for US 11 boots (feet size UK 10). Maybe could offset that with the lower profile 4.0 boots and my angled stance. It's 3mm narrower than my old LOFT, go figure. Maybe thinking too hard about this though, heh. I guess I could wait for the test days coming up. Another factor is that I'm 11kg lighter than last season now at 81kg (and I'm just about 180cm tall). Man's Board continues to be recommended. It's mostly camber anyway and still solid and hard charging and the 162 sounds like it would work. Perhaps the Burner too but seems to be just an out-and-out straight-liner. At this stage it's going to be one of these three boards though - Burton is out for me (sorry Burton fans). I will do some more digging, maybe call Salomon and see what they have to say. Seems hard to find a dealer in Switzerland that has a good Salomon range. To be honest if they still made the LOFT I would just buy another one. I loved the stiffness and stability at speed but it had that little bit of flex between the feet feeling that made it special everywhere else.

Last edited by someguy2717; 10-02-2012 at 03:28 PM.
someguy2717 is offline   Reply With Quote