Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Secret to I-70 weekend traffic? Get up early, get your riding in, then get back on the road by 1pm. That'll miss the worst of it. Other than that, just deal with it. There's no way to ride 1st lift to last lift and miss the traffic.
Well typically speaking it's get up early on Saturday. You can risk leaving late on Saturday, generally speaking the slow downs are short lived. There are exceptions of course. Like a jack knifed truck.

Sundays, you can leave later and the drive up is easy. Though if you don't leave the ski area by 1, you can expect to sit it some traffic. Especially if you are coming from Summit. You're toast.

One thing to note. Evidently that re route around the East bound tunnel at Idaho Springs for the expansion is not going to happen this season. According to my buddy who is an engineer for CDOT. Looks like it's been delayed until the spring at the earliest. So at least that junk show shouldn't be a factor until next season.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote