Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post
snowklinger, whats the secrets to the weekend! I hate the traffic on I70 and hate having weekends off out here!!

To the OP, you about to make the best decision of your life! I just packed up and moved out here last february, no job, nothing, just got the wife and we came out here.

I LOVE THIS STATE

You will too!
Yea the boys have already told you most of it.

-Get up EARLY and be in Summit for breakfast. Plenty of people will be there for first chair and 10 minutes after, but nobody is there 30minutes before. (This is relevant to traffic up, parking, and base area bullshit).

-get first chair, and don't take any breaks until 1, then leave. If you don't stop for beers or lunch or fucking around, thats 4-4.5 hard hours of riding. If there was fresh, its tracked out - go home and get the fuck out of Disneyland before everyone else gets the same idea.

-find "expert only" terrain. For example, if you are riding Copper, one of my favorite mountains, go to the SuperBee lift, which is a whole 2nd mountain, where there are signs EVERYWHERE that say NO BEGINNER TERRAIN(there are always plenty of easy blues in these areas, just no green runs). On weekends this scares off alot of tourons.

-Don't go to Keystone, Breck or Vail on a Saturday.