Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rodeo - Contact Pro - Malavita
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
henry06x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Malavita's realy aren't that much softer, neither are Rodeos, and I felt like my Contacts were too soft for the Kink I had.

I'd more look at Raiden Zero's, Flux DS30, Flow 5's, or K2 Nationals.

If you want to go Burton, I swear Cartels are softer than Malavita's this year. I will be getting on them as soon as possible to verify, but the base is supposed to be the same glass content and the highback is noticeably softer.
The contact pro is really that much softer? The contact is unions softest binding i believe, but I was thinking the pro was a little more beefed up version. From what I read and review sites have the pro categorized with the rodeo and malavita. And the cartel, capo, and atlas in a category for similar bindings. Hmmm

I know it shouldn't be important but binding looks do come into play for me and I find the construction style of these three brands really catch my eye. I really do like flow and the concept. My friend has an older set and they really are super convenient especially around here. I was thinking I'd need more of the nx2 tech for my feet and I like cranking my straps down snug. I see they did add ratchets for 2013 but they don't have a canted footbed or the hing for the opening in the strap.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
NS SL (for sale) - Ride Capo

Last edited by henry06x; 10-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote