Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
kleraudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Yea the boys have already told you most of it.

-Get up EARLY and be in Summit for breakfast. Plenty of people will be there for first chair and 10 minutes after, but nobody is there 30minutes before. (This is relevant to traffic up, parking, and base area bullshit).

-get first chair, and don't take any breaks until 1, then leave. If you don't stop for beers or lunch or fucking around, thats 4-4.5 hard hours of riding. If there was fresh, its tracked out - go home and get the fuck out of Disneyland before everyone else gets the same idea.

-find "expert only" terrain. For example, if you are riding Copper, one of my favorite mountains, go to the SuperBee lift, which is a whole 2nd mountain, where there are signs EVERYWHERE that say NO BEGINNER TERRAIN(there are always plenty of easy blues in these areas, just no green runs). On weekends this scares off alot of tourons.

-Don't go to Keystone, Breck or Vail on a Saturday.
Ha thats exactly what we do, were on the road at 6am and gone by 130, no breaks, just riding! man i wish i had a job where i was off a couple weekdays instead of weekends! Never thought I'd say that

We moved from Tampa, FL man, wasted 6 years of life out there, SOOOOO glad to be here now.

The drive wasnt bad, we did get stranded in Hays, KS for 2 days tho cuz a blizzard closed down I 70 through the plains. All good, got some beers and chilled in the hot tub for a couple days

no breck, vail, keystone on saturdays? Is it that bad man? Dammit, just got my epic pass and was pumped!!
kleraudio is offline   Reply With Quote