Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rossi One Magtek vs Yes Greats vs Something else or Nothing at all!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
drc13

Default Rossi One Magtek vs Yes Greats vs Something else or Nothing at all!

Hi Guys

Have a bit of a board dilemma that hopefully you can help me with.

I currently ride a 2010 DC Tone (flat then mild rocker after the bindings)

I would describe myself as an intermediate rider who enjoys carving fast groomed runs and has just started experimenting with riding in trees, popping off natural features and tail pressing/buttering. I have very little desire to hit the park.

Most of my riding is in Australia (think man made snow and ice) and I'm about to take my second holiday to Japan (think complete opposite of Australia i.e deep powder)

This is where I run into my dilemma. Like all of us I'm constantly interested in purchasing a new board. To be honest I'm generally pretty happy with my current DC board but I'm attracted to features such as a sintered base (vs my current structurn/extruded base) magnetraction type edges (for the Aussie ice) and a hybrid profile (think I want something more like camber as I suspect it would suit my riding style more?).

First question, am I best off purchasing another all mountain quiver killer style board or should I be aiming at a dedicated board for Japan and a different one for Australia?

Can you get a flex in a board that is good for bombing groomers whilst also being playful enough to press?

If it is best do the boards I've mentioned above fit the riding style/conditions I've described?

I can get the 2012 Rossi for around 2/3rds of the price of the 2013 Yes board. The main things I'd miss out on the assymetric sidecut and it's a 4400 sintered base vs a 9000 sintered (no idea how much difference this actually makes)

I've changed my mind a number of times and often the answer is to just stick with my current board as it really isn't that bad but any and all advice is appreciated.

Cheers
drc13 is offline   Reply With Quote