Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Recommend me a Merino Wool Base layer top with Thumbloops.

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mojo maestro 
#1 ·
Hi

Title pretty much says it all but I'm looking into purchasing a couple of Merino wool base layer long sleeve tops.

What is narrowing my choice down is the desire to have thumb loops.

Maybe I have it wrong but my shell jacket doesn't have wrist gaiters/pow grip and I would love to find a way to keep snow from finding it's way into my gloves/arm and I figured thumb loops on my base layer may achieve that.

Probably looking at size s or m and haven't come across to many options online yet.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
You could just wear gauntlet gloves that go over the ends of your sleeves. Thumb loops on your base layer may help a little, but I'd think that you're still going to get snow all up in your sleeves, it'll just mostly be between your (non-waterproof) base layer and your jacket.

#5 · (Edited)
Ok thanks guys, I typically wear a pair of low profile pipe style gloves but do have another set of dakine gloves with gauntlets which I will probably wear whilst in Japan.

Maybe I just need to put up with the occasional bit of snow/ice sneaking into my wrist area.

Edit:

Another option I just found was seperate wrist gaiters like these http://marmot.com/products/stretch_wrist_gaiter

Bit pricey for what they are though and don't know how they would go fitting under my gloves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.