Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Your Snowboard Vehicle.

383K views 2K replies 556 participants last post by  speedjason 
G
#1 ·
New to the forums. Currently have a BMW 330xi as my vehicle to get to the mountain. See where that's a problem? More than a couple inches on the road and I am screwed..

Looking for input on what vehicles you all drive to the mountain. I have about 12k to put into this. Maybe more.

Thanks for input--

-Alex

#941 ·
Here's mine. She's only FWD, but I've never had an issue with icy, slick mountain passes. And that was even with Nitto Neo-Gen Ultra High Performance all-season tires, which do surprisingly well with a controlled hand. FWD can do pretty well in the mountains, if your careful. ...and having a helical LSD probably doesn't hurt either ;)

Attachments

#956 ·
Just get the TRD supercharger... Yeah I wish they would have put the 1UR-FE in but methinks the 1GR is a much cheaper engine to make. The price point on the FJ is low enough that a torquey 4.0L V6 is decent, especially mated to the 6 speed. Unfortunately Toyota hasn't made a manual trans that would mate to their V8s in a LONG time...

I'm still a fan of mating the 1UZ to the W58 with a custom bellhousing. I'm planning on this in my old celica one of these years... :D

#970 ·
Just a rebuild on my VF40, not ready for modding just yet, need the reliability, plus my engine has a few miles on it so I want it to last as long as poss. When this one blows I will probably add some tasteful stuff.

I had a 96 2.2 legacy a few years ago, had about 250000 miles on it, what a car that was. The dealership said it wasn't even broken in! I wish my 2.5 engine was as bulletproof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.