Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need a car to get around Utah?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Maybe it was powder mountain that has the cat rides, not the canyons. I can't remember now.

I'm going with a group of guys who suggested just getting passes daily, at some little store at the bottom of the canyon?

I'm kind of nervous about snowbird. Big drops aren't my thing quite yet. I'm really hoping there's powder there.
Yea PowMow has the cheap cat rides

Yes the cheapest discount day passes are sold at a private small ski shop that's at the base of Big Cottonwood canyon(Brighton and Solitude) right next door to 7-11.

I'd say get atleast one pass for Little cottonwood and one pass for big cottonwood ahead of time so if there's avalanches in little cottonwood you can skip the 3 mile long line of waiting cars that day and head to big cottonwood instead as your backup plan. Big cottonwood is hardly ever closed for avalanche control work but if there was snow overnight there's a good chance Snowbird and Alta will NOT be accessible until maybe even lunch time when DOT finally get the roads cleared.

There's plenty of beginner\intermediate terrain at Snowbird but it helps to know your way around, tram laps on uncrowded pow days are epic.