Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Average Over 30 Rider Looking to Progress (snowboardaddiction vid worth it?)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdthomas2 View Post
I am 30 year old boarder with a late start. Started at 25. Now I am able to ride most groomed runs except double blacks. I rarely catch air but I am able to straight ling most blue runs. But I am looking to progress my riding without going park. Mentally...I am not able to get over the danger of the park at 30. I recently saw a teaser video on snowboardaddiction.com. They say it for someone just like me. I was wondering if anyone has seen this intermediate riding video? Is it worth the $27? Thanks in advance for any responses.
No worries. There is plenty of fun to be had outside of the park as well. While I subscribe to SnowboardAddiction for their park videos, I just downloaded and took a peek at the Intermediate riding Basic video and I definitely believe it is worth the $27. Especially considering that a 3-hour group lesson at a resort would probably cost around $150 and cover some of the same information. It is by no means a comprehensive video, but it does have a lot of useful info. The topics covered appear to include proper stance setup (stance width and shoulder alignment), riding moguls, riding steeps, and riding deep powder.

Also consider the Webcam/Phone Coaching for $20. I sent Nev Lapwood a bunch of videos of me doing 540s a few days in advance and over video Skype he reviewed the videos with me and gave me some useful tips on things to work on to have cleaning takeouts and stay more compact during my spin.

A lot of people think they don't need lessons to improve their snowboarding... and that may be true... but a lot of people are also not very good at snowboarding despite what they think . I believe SnowboardAddiction a very good way to improve your snowboarding.

Last edited by lonerider; 10-03-2012 at 04:40 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote