Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Picking new NS board- need advice please!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Skinny Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Like I said in my original reply, the Evo is going to be perfect for you, EXCEPT when maching. You say you like doing alot of park, AND going fast, so there will be a tradeoff.

At 152 either board will work very well, you just have to understand the limitations. I have a '54 proto at 175lbs and am adding a '54 Evo to my quiver (going super fast is less and less important to me). The Evo is going to be easier to manipulate for you in EVERY way, but it WILL flap if ur bombing. The proto is basically an advanced version, it will be harder for you to ride in the park, more work to manipulate in general, but it won't flap on you at speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
the evo is a soft park board. the proto is still way more of a park board than all-mt. and would never be "too much board" for anyone #150+. period.

stiffer boards are better on ice.

you ride 100+ days and live in Hong Kong huh? lets analyze that a little... how many days did you get this summer? do you just leave for the whole winter? how many days a week do you work?

just doesn't really seem possible to me. you do know there are only 365 days in a year, right?

Your best bet is if you can get to a demo and try one or even both. If not( I didnt see where you were from) just find a local shop and rent one or both. Ya its $50 or so you could be spending on the board but if your gonna drop $500+ on the board its better to make sure you made the right decision.

But these 2 guys are right on.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote