Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Average Over 30 Rider Looking to Progress (snowboardaddiction vid worth it?)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Nope totally agree with you. As I posted earlier, I am 47 and love taking park laps. Like you, I am not throwing cab 7`s off of the huge 60 footers and never will but will always enjoy a little air off of the 10 to 20 foot tables and when it`s soft and forgiving will throw in a BS 1 or one of my hideous 3`s.....
This is me but I"m also trying to do rails at 45yr, My 50/50 are coming along nicely. This year my goal is street style ollie on and if that goes well rounded off by boardslides and lipsides and I'd be totally happy with that. Oh and to learn 3's off very small park jumps.

I think all the above points are great but more than anything at the 30+ crowd, maybe 70% mental game is hitting us or holding us back. We over think, get scared, realize consequences, the mind goes to all those places taking our body along creating "hesitation do to self preservation"