Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Diode Reflex in Small size
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

You can see the horozontal crack aswell as the sticky remnants of the pad that seperates the highback from the heel cup, I just cant keep them on for more than a few days.

All the white that you can see is fibreglass, these are not carbon highbacks, they just have a carbon veneer laminated to the inside and outside. The cracks start in the fibreglass and propogate beneath the carbon veneer until the veneer can no longer hold on and it cracks too.
They have 3 problems
1. The highbacks are honestly very very weak and if you buy them you should be aware of this.
2. The forward lean pads are constantly working their way loose, I have been through 4 on each binding and currently have none because they all fell off and Im sick of fixing them.
3. The little circles on the footbed are perfectly designed to hold ice, I have to scrape mine out almost every run which gets pretty old.

Burton are OK with the warranty but seriously who wants to ride all season constantly waiting for parts.

Last edited by ETM; 10-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote