Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rodeo - Contact Pro - Malavita
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
sleev-les

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
No, don't do it. They are such shit. Went to a shop last night to get some boots and held about 4 different union's. From feeling them the ratchets suck ass, the plastic feels like shit and the foam is sooo hard. they are bulky, the adjustment on the ankle strap is huge and the straps feel like my mattress and as you probably know the toe straps are useless. If you actually want them to fit, you would need a boot that the front is about 45 degree sloped, Like some kind of a snow plow. Horrible design and they feel like shit all around. looked at Raidens and they were sick, so were burton's, rome as usual sick as hell and plush with the cool X on the toe strap. Flow's look cool but they cap strap felt bad. Ride was sick but i don't like how fucking skinny their straps run or narrow i guess.
x2... Union rode well, but trying to get out of them was a bitch. The toe ratchet would seize up on me. Seems that they should have engineered their setup better. I used my Forces once then sold the damn things. I just put the Restricted Vitas on my Proto and noticed an earlier comment about the heel of the binding raising a bit because of the way the Re:Flex tech works. I strapped in on carpet and it doesn't look like its going to be an issue. They actually felt pretty badass so I will have to see how they do on the mountain.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote