Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - recommended food in whistler
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
mitch19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
LOL!
this thread is hilarious. People are bitching about the food in whistler and they are basing it on their experience at KFC, Burritos, hot dogs and a list of shitty pubs you can find anywhere in north america.

Here is where I eat and I always have a memorable meal and Im picky as fuck.

Rimrock - Pure awesome for dinner and great atmosphere.

Quatro - Try the spaghetti quattro, might be the best spaghetti you have ever had.

Hys Steak House - Always consistent great steak

Grill Room (new steak house at the Fairmont) - Dont diss this unless you have tried it. I was so surprised at the quality of the steak id list it in the top 3 I've had.

Here are a couple of places to avoid at all costs which are supposed to be "good", but are shite.

Araxi - Dont go no matter how tempted. Looks nice from the outside. Last time I went both myself and my friend sent both our plates back, got a new plate and simply said we would leave based on what the brought back.

Bearfoot Bestro - Good but its a tourist trap you will pay 3xs the price for half the quality of the meal you get at the rimrock.

Cant comment on the pubs because I dont eat at them..im sure they all suck like every other pub. I love a good burger though and will admit the one in this thread looks good.
I'm sure most people on this forum, myself included would not be eating at those places most of the time seeing as they are the most expensive restaurants in town.

I'm surprised with your comment about Araxi, I had the $30 5 course special in the spring time for a friends dinner and it was amazing.
mitch19 is offline   Reply With Quote