Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - recommended food in whistler
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
I'm sure most people on this forum, myself included would not be eating at those places most of the time seeing as they are the most expensive restaurants in town.

I'm surprised with your comment about Araxi, I had the $30 5 course special in the spring time for a friends dinner and it was amazing.
I think that the food on the hill at whistler is far above ski resort standard - Glacier creek lodge has an amazing selection of food, compared to the crappy cafeteria fare that you get at most ski places.

If you have dough to spend you can eat very well in the village of course, as our supertuscan friend points out above. I found the sushi places were pretty good and not too crazy pricewise, and I remember getting a super sized plate of nachos at an irish pub. There's a milestone's there now too, which is a cut above your typical pizza pasta type place.

If you're budget conscious i'd say your best meal of the day will be a hearty lunch at Glacier lodge, and at night you should make your own meal or and spend all remaining cash on beer. Or start with the beer and then you won't care so much about the food quality if you have an inebriated dinner of chicken wings at 10 pm.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote