Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - recommended food in whistler
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch19 View Post
I'm sure most people on this forum, myself included would not be eating at those places most of the time seeing as they are the most expensive restaurants in town.

I'm surprised with your comment about Araxi, I had the $30 5 course special in the spring time for a friends dinner and it was amazing.
OK, guess i missed the point of the thread. There was just talk about no memorable food, or in general no places that served good food.

As far as your experience im sure t could have been great. At one point it was a really good spot, but it has gone down hill recently, and in my opinion hit rock bottom. Its rare I ever send food back, but as you know its fairly pricy so i dont have a problem sending back a $30 plate of food if its not near perfect. Seriously the steak i ordered was about as good as something you would get at the olive Garden or spaghetti factory.

What whistler does lack thou IMO is a good, healthy fast food type of place.

BTW...the spaghetti i recommended at Quattro is only like 20 bucks or something and it might be my favorite all around meal up there.

BTW if you want nachos...the ones they serve at the fairmont at ridicules. Awesome!

Last edited by Sassicaia; 10-04-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote