Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who is interested in a West Coast Meet?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
I feel like if we were to do this its should be done at Hood in the summer. Everyone out west already has good terrain to ride so they don't really see a need to travel a whole lot. I know not everyone rides park but there is plenty to hike around here in the summer too.
That is a great idea! I would be so down for a summer hood meet.

I'm also planning on taking a trip up to Schweitzer and maybe hood this winter during break. So maybe we can have an idaho/Oregon meet there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
*If* you are going to do a meet in the West, it needs to be at a place with decent access. Salt Lake City area being the best all around imo. Flights are reasonable and it's less than an hour to most spots. About an hour to the Snowbasin/Powder Mountain area. Lodging options are a lot more reasonable too.

Other spots with good access. Colorado/Denver areas, Tahoe (Reno/Sacramento for airports), Seattle and Portland spots. You'd probably have to work a little harder on lodging and logistics in the PNW. Lift tickets are some of the most reasonable in the US though. Bozeman MT would be another place to consider. Not sure if Idaho has good airport access to their good spots or not.
First off, I'm calling co and ut west, and no they are of course not west coast, but right now I'm thinking in broad terms of a western meet. As far as idaho goes, the good resorts are 2 to 3 hours from the Boise airport, and hotels, while there are hotels around the good hills, can be expensive and full depending on time of year. In my opinion, if we are doing a west meet, nothing, beats the ease, convenience , and quality of having it in slc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants

Last edited by IdahoFreshies; 10-04-2012 at 02:10 PM.
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote