Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #960 (permalink)
DrnknZag
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Yea the thing is that specific motor is literally BULLET PROOF, I've seen the arguments go back and forth between FJ owners and the basic consensus is Toyota choose reliability over power and efficiency with allot of the FJ components including the motor and didn't want to further undercut the Land Cruiser market with FJ sales.

NOW if they had a turbo diesel motor as an option...........
Oooohhhh yeah a TD would be nice. It's nice to see some smaller truck and SUV TD's these days, but not nearly enough.

I don't know a ton about Toyota engine codes, but is this the same engine in the Tacoma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah they're two totally different things though. The FJ is designed to go places 99.9% of the rest of the vehicles can't...

I had an MR2 Turbo with 288 RWHP and 290 lb-ft of torque. She was a lot of fun but a useless car... Spent a lot of time working on that thing though! Makes me appreciate my current project a whole lot (a '77 Celica GT)
Sure, they're definitely two different things, but my Subaru is still my writer daily driver in the mountains. For what I need I couldn't justify an FJ.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote