Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rossi One Magtek vs Yes Greats vs Something else or Nothing at all!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
drc13

To add to my concerns I'm now not sure what size I should be looking at. My current board is 153 so I just presumed I'd get the same again. But now I'm wondering whether I should go the 156 if I go for the Rossi or the 154 or 156 with the greats. The extra length would probably be good for Japan or bombing groomed runs but I'm concerned it may get a little stiff. I weigh 70kgs (154lbs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrider84 View Post
I used to ride a rossignol one mag - the traditional camber version with magnetraction. It was an EXCELLENT board for carving on groomers although it wasnt the lightest and it was kinda stiff. I think the newer hybrid versions are lighter.
Yeah I've read there was a fairly big change between the 10 and 11 models especially in the cons you mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaus View Post
I have a Rossi One-Magtek and I love it. I ride on the Ice-coast and it rips right through the crappy machine made snow and give very good edge hold. I'm very happy with it.
Nice one, had a chance to ride it in pow? how do you find the flex is the board easy enough to press? Which size did you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Get a pow board for Japan, then upgrade your primary stick for Australia when you can.
Definitely had crossed my mind but my big concern is last time I went to Japan I somehow ended up with bluebird every day and no Pow (but some lovely groomers) and I'd really prefer to travel with one board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Surprisingly a better match up is the from Rossi is the Jibsaw. Which falls to the same naming problem as the old K2 Jibpan. Neither are jib boards. The Jibsaw is a stiffer twin.
Interesting will look into it, I'm not necessarily after something exactly like the greats as I haven't ridden that either just something camberish that will suit my riding style/conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I have a 2012 Rossi one mag on the way and I'm pretty excited about it. Gonna run my Rome targas on it.
Sweet, Which size did you go? Whichever board I get I'll be bolting a pair of Rome 390 Bosses on.

Last edited by drc13; 10-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.
drc13 is offline   Reply With Quote