Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need a flexible and lightweight board
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplummer View Post
Do you think some think slightly softer to be better in the park. Probably 70/30 jumps to rails. Doesn't have to be the same as machete just best I can get for that use. I have other boards for the rest of the mountain
No softer would be better 30/70 jumps to rails. For 70/30 jumps/rail (roughly my percentages) something more medium flex would be better. I like/use a NS Proto CT 154 myself (prefer it to the Evo because the snappy tips give your more pop) but there are many other boards out there.

For OP... Skate Banana is a noodle... seriously if you need a softer board you are doing something wrong when attempting butters and presses. Similarly, if board feel "heavy" to you, you are probably not popping or ollie-ing correctly. I say this without ever seeing you ride so I *could* be wrong - but I think you may be better off spending the money on lessons. Otherwise... Arbor Draft maybe (my friends who jib a lot seem to like that board)?
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote