Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who is interested in a West Coast Meet?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #63 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah, if I was back in the Hamilton area I'd be going to the East Coast meet for sure. Jay Peak is 9 hours from Hamilton but 100% worth it. I'd drive up to that far to go to a meet out here.

I shouldn't say I have no interest in the West Coast... I guess I just keep hearing of the heavier snow and I count my blessings that we get the light fluffy stuff here. The heavy stuff kills my knees by the end of the day!

Ultimately I'd like to try out as many resorts as possible! I think it's going to take a few years to fully explore the Canadian rockies first, and IF we start getting bored with our local hills maybe we'll start doing some touring into Colorado, and maybe over towards Wolfies neck of the woods.

I'm hoping our finances are good next summer, in which case we're going to go check out Argentina for some boarding. I can't get enough of the local hills in the winter, so my tourist dollars would be better spent on a Southern Hemisphere resort in the summer.

A Canadian Rockies meet would be great! Maybe I should take the bull by the horns and get one going?!?

Good luck to this meet, sounds like fun!

Hey Poutanen: I am from Hamilton as well! Well Mount Hope up on the mountain. Given that both of us come from the armpit of Canada, I think we will get along just fine!
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote