Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Using Burtons Re:Flex Bindings
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Basti

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
Out of curiosity, who here is using a Burton Re:Flex binding and noticed the heel lift that I saw after reading another forum member's comment in another thread. After mounting them, I tugged on the heel and noticed it raise about a 1/2". I strapped into the board and didn't notice anything that could affect riding, but thats comparing apples to oranges since I was at home, on carpet and not really moving. I'm curious if anyone has had issues riding with the heel lift or if it was something that Burton may have anticipated in their engineering of the Re:Flex technology.
I've had the exact same problem and it actually bothered me a lot. This and the fact that I couldn't really center the bindings on my board me me sell my Malavitas. I have the feeling that the Reflex disc is just a bit too small to hold the bindings where they're supposed to be. I've been riding Forum Shakas since. They have similar tech but the disc is bigger and there's no lift.

I've only had this problem with reflex though. I rode the channel Malavitas on a NUG and the bindings felt a lot better and there was no lift either.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote