Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Using Burtons Re:Flex Bindings
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
sleev-les

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
I've had the exact same problem and it actually bothered me a lot. This and the fact that I couldn't really center the bindings on my board me me sell my Malavitas. I have the feeling that the Reflex disc is just a bit too small to hold the bindings where they're supposed to be. I've been riding Forum Shakas since. They have similar tech but the disc is bigger and there's no lift.

I've only had this problem with reflex though. I rode the channel Malavitas on a NUG and the bindings felt a lot better and there was no lift either.
Your mention was what I was refering to in my original post. I don't think it will create an issue so I will have to see. I can center the bindings/boot with no problem. Im using the most forward hole, not the center so I may see how centered they'd be by moving it forward one spot to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
You are right and you can only use a reflex disc as they are smaller.
The issue is using the reflex disc with the channel, theres only 2 central bolts holding the binding to the board and there is quite a bit of heel/toe lift. There is no flex to speak of side to side.
I'm using them on my Proto so it is the 4 bolt disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangsters View Post
Is this something you noticed only with the Malavitas?

Or is this something endemic to the whole re:flex setup?

I would be using these on a non-channel board.

They are mounted on my Proto so its not a channel board. Using the 4 bolt disc. I would assume that all Re:Flex discs are this way.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote