Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #988 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Yea the thing is that specific motor is literally BULLET PROOF, I've seen the arguments go back and forth between FJ owners and the basic consensus is Toyota choose reliability over power and efficiency with allot of the FJ components including the motor and didn't want to further undercut the Land Cruiser market with FJ sales.

NOW if they had a turbo diesel motor as an option...........
You and the rest of the hard core tacoma enthusiasts lol. A smaller turbo diesel would be a lot of fun and have torque for days. And would probably get at least 20 mpg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Yep same engine and tranny from the Tacoma , the frame and some of the chassis parts comes from the Land Cruiser line.

There are for sure times when we miss the Outback(its taken us through some gnarly shit) but I've always wanted a Jeep and there are places I wanted to go last year in the Wasatch that I just didn't feel like braving with the Suby.

That and when we move across country from Minnesota to Utah(in the winters) we just didn't have enough space in the outback and hauling a trailer wasn't really an option. The FJ gives us WAY more vertical storage and we can attach a floating trailer on the hitch too which gives us allot of additional storage for our fall\spring migrations.
Unless you wanted the jeep for gnarly off roading then you make the right choice with the FJ, jeep like in style and it has the locker. But the ifs makes it much better and smoother for highway driving and it going to just be way way more comfortable to every day daily driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote