Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #149 (permalink)
gstboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvaryCougar View Post
But I also think I'm done discussing this here as it has come now to personal attacks about what I believe when all I was doing was answering a question.

I respect peoples belief in religion at least they all believe in something wonderful happening at the end of their lives as opposed to the non-believers who only look forward to becoming worm food and nothingness when we keel over.

I grew up in the Christian faith and as much as I would like to believe seeing and knowing things that can't be un-seen or un-known prevents me from becoming a believer again. Here's a couple things that I can't get over...

Quote:
Genesis 22 - Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
What kind of lame test is this? Like God said, "I don't think you love me enough, take your son and kill him....April Fools!!!" God or not, who does this? Jim Jones?

They stopped writing the bible about 2000 years ago. Why did they stop? Textbooks come out with new updated versions each year. Why can't they update the bible to reflect the times? Most of the stories seem dated and archaic if applied to today's situations. It's like reading a book or even watching a movie 60 years ago that was trying to describe life today, all of them are waaay off.

A while ago there was a coroner that they interviewed on tv, they posed the question if he believed in God, he said he has hard time doing so after seeing the things people are capable of doing to each other on a daily basis.

I also once saw pictures posted of a 5 or 6 year old boy in mexico where the other couldn't pay a drug debt so the enforcers or whatever they were called ripped the lower jaw of the boy off his face in front of the mother. After reading this story and seeing the pictures of the aftermath I now cannot stand it when people say that God helped them in any aspect of their lives because they prayed somehow something miraculous happened that all of a sudden they were helped when I'm pretty sure that kid was praying (maybe to the wrong God) right before his jaw was ripped from his face. I just don't understand how God would help some people out but not others who you would think desperately needs his help especially in a situation like that.

Just things to think about.

Quote:
My favorite Carlin line, “I was Catholic until I reached the age of reason”.