Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Your Snowboard Vehicle.

383K views 2K replies 556 participants last post by  speedjason 
G
#1 ·
New to the forums. Currently have a BMW 330xi as my vehicle to get to the mountain. See where that's a problem? More than a couple inches on the road and I am screwed..

Looking for input on what vehicles you all drive to the mountain. I have about 12k to put into this. Maybe more.

Thanks for input--

-Alex

#2,415 ·
Appreciate everyone’s input.
I think due to the clearance and cost, we might go with the rack/holder for the first few seasons. Usually it’s just my wife and I, so we don’t need that much room when we road-trip. Have some trips planned in the coming years, so that might be a good time to test out that theory.

#2,417 ·
5 trouble free years from my Pathfinder, but it was time for an upgrade to something bigger, kept it in the Nissan family. Planning a simple sleeping platform build out in the back, and the rear seats fold up and out of the way for a tonne of space in the cab. Cooler + cooking equipment in the cab, under bed storage for snowboards and clothing in the back, slide out drawers ideally. It came with the original wheels as well, I'll likely put some studded winters on those next season for full confidence storm chasing. R.I.P. to my MPG, but I don't drive to work and only drove 10k kms in the last year. V8 sure sounds nice too 😅

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

#2,418 ·
I drive a 2004 Honda CR-V with Winterforce tires and it has done very well for itself in the rockies. I dfont understand the need for putting everything on the roof, whats wrong with just throwing them in the back of a car? I almost never have 4 people in the car and if I do it can still work. Ive seen too many skis and boards on the side of I-70.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.