Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #167 (permalink)
CalvaryCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
This is perhaps one of the biggest problems that theists have when debating religion. They lack a sense of humor. His post and statement was clearly tongue in cheek meant as humor not disrespect.

What has always been a head shaker for me is why some fundies get SO hung up over this issue. Who really gives a shit about whether the earth is 6,000 years old or 4.5 billion? How does this in ANY way affect the teachings that you are supposed to adhere to with regard to how you behave while on this rock?

Furthermore, if you do believe in God, who are you to tell him, her, it how long they had to do it or how they had to have gone about it. To me this just speaks volumes about human arrogance; now they are telling their creator how and what to do....

As stated earlier, I am truly agnostic, believing in nothing until it can be proven. If I were to subscribe to any form of spiritual believe at all, it would be Native American spiritualism for to me it makes the most sense of all religious views and is one that if followed, would allow man to coexist on this planet with nature indefinitely.
I wasn't sure if he was joking or mocking.

It really doesnt matter about the age of the earth. The one thing that does matter though is why would we take the New Testament as literal but not take the Old Testament as literal also? Christians who believe the New Testament but believe the Old Testament is fully of fairy tales are picking and choosing which part of the Bible they want to believe.

If you believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior then look at how he viewed the Old Testament
What did Jesus teach about the Old Testament? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry